Thursday, April 16, 2009

I'M NOT BITING THE BAIT UNLESS YOU BUY ME A DRINK FIRST, PROGRESSIVE


World of Wonder Productions has one of the best blogs on the internet. It smashes pop culture, art, gay politics, and television in one medium. Granted, some of their pop culture musings are a little bit five minutes behind but, what they contribute to the television world, forgives them all interweb faux pas.

One thing I've noticed over the past week of perusing the blog (praying they'll post an entry for an office man servant), is a really peculiar Progressive Insurance ad of two old timey men posed for a portrait together. At first I was like "AWWW CUTE OUR FAGGY FOREFATHERS." But when you follow the ad, you don't really get anything, really: you get a small blurb about how Progressive is progressive and L-O-V-E-S gays. Powerful.

I was all like "BRB SWITCHING FROM USAA TO PROGRESSIVE TO GET MY GAY ON." But, when I requested the quote, I received a grossly exaggerated insurance quote and was greatly appalled. I'm sorry, support gays all you want, but this poor gay gotta save his pennies for better things.

That being said, Progressive, I have to tell you one thing: if you wanna be my insurer, you gotta please my dividends--make your prices lower and the gays will be your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment