Monday, February 23, 2009

WHY 22 IS THE END: YOU HAVE EVEN LESS MONEY THAN YOU DID IN COLLEGE

I work as a personal assistant and am pretty content with my just-outta-college wage. However, like every working man, working woman, and--if you are in Asia--working child, mo' money brings mo' problems. And, once you are in the real world, these problems all hit at the same time.

I've learned that with car payments, rent, student loans, phone bills, credit card, and the "cost of living" combined, you barely make ends meet. I am not understanding how people can be upwardly mobile if this is how "adulthood" begins. I mean, I don't even have that high of bills but I can't imagine them going up even in the slightest. Do adults secretly win the lottery? Do adults just quietly stew in their debt? Do adults all eventually become Willy Lohman? Please, adult readers who we do not have, answer these questions.

I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong (besides not listening to my weekly Buxfer.com report) but I cannot foresee and end to this madness. You would think I am just bank-bank-banking that dough but, honestly, I have no idea where it is going because I am banking nothing. Like, zero point zero zero dollars. Like, I think I'm actually paying my boss to work for him. Like, FML.

If I can get someone to pay for my alcohol addiction and my housing and my clothes and my car, then I think I will be able to bank some money and actually move on with life. Then, maybe, 22 won't be the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment